Business acceleration technology.
Today, you simply can’t compete without fast, efficient business technology. While most software standardizes your business for efficiency, it often burdens you with unfocused output from multiple, unconnected systems. That lack of focus delays decision making, cuts productivity, and puts you at a competitive disadvantage.
You need highly focused software to solve your specific problems. At the same time, you need the power to pull together all relevant information seamlessly, without having to search, sort, and manipulate that data before you can use it. You get that power with Infor10™ ION® Suite.
Infor draws on decades of experience in specific industries to solve the problems that matter most to our customers. Today, those customers face endless demands for greater speed, and a need to cope with larger data volumes and escalating complexity, while containing costs.
That’s why we’ve developed a whole new approach to business software. Infor10 ION Suite represents a new concept for business software that replaces traditional middleware solutions with a speedy, lightweight connective structure that adds new levels of intelligence and sophistication to existing business technology. It’s faster to implement, easier to use, and more economical to operate than any middleware-only solution. It also adds a powerful, unified combination of contextual business intelligence, common reporting and analysis, streamlined workflow, and business monitoring, all delivered within a single, consistent architecture.
Experts note that ION reflects “the profound effect social and mobile consumer technologies have had on enterprise software.”1
ION embodies that trend by unifying an unparalleled breadth of powerful functions while performing those functions all at once—integration services combine with contextual intelligence, which powers an intelligent, intuitive user interface.
Infor10 ION Suite does its work through several distinct, interrelated systems, each of which can communicate freely with all the others, while maintaining completely synchronized interactivity with all the other parts and with the software you already have.
“ION can play a key role in consolidating legacy applications and preparing organizations for the next generation.”
R. RAY WANG, CONSTELLATION RESEARCH, OCTOBER 2011
ION PROCESS AND INTELLIGENCE.
At the heart of Infor10 ION Suite lies a connective network that lets your applications exchange information quickly and flexibly through a lightweight, loosely coupled system. With ION Connect to unify all the parts, ION Business Vault to support synchronization and enrich reporting, ION Workflow & Event Management to streamline your business processes, you have a system that supersedes middleware with something vastly more powerful.
- Connect easily. Infor10 ION Connect integrates Infor solutions to each other and to third-party applications, so you can quickly combine whatever solutions you need into a smoothly functioning whole.
- Set up quickly. Infor10 applications operate with a standard business language, making ION setup easy. You can eliminate the two top integration challenges—the need to translate your data and to map it.
- Operate efficiently. If you’re running a portion of your business in the cloud, ION can exchange data working in a hybrid model. You don’t need to maintain a second, separate integration stack.
Infor10 ION Pulse—
This part of ION creates a data feed, similar to Twitter™, that lets your applications “tweet” business documents to each other and subscribe to whatever kinds of documents are relevant. You can also monitor those messages yourself so that you can keep tabs on your entire business as easily as you’d monitor a Twitter feed. Pulse also enhances that data feed with contextual intelligence to help you make better decisions faster. You can:
- Search at will. Find complete transaction histories rapidly by entering search terms in a Tweetdeck-style screen.
- Browse all transactions. Display the complete ION feed, showing all transactions, on your desktop or mobile screen.
- Filter by interest. Create a filter that shows only the information you’re most interested in, as it happens. For example, you can display only transactions involving certain products or customers.
Infor10 ION Business Vault—
Every message that ION Pulse “tweets” to participating applications is also saved in a single, optimized business repository called the Business Vault. By providing a secure reservoir for past transaction data, ION gives you an easy way to mine your data for more flexible, powerful reporting, business intelligence, and analytics. You’ll also have:
- Easier search. When data resides in one place, there’s no need to index your transactional systems.
- Better reporting. The Business Vault features a master data reference to ensure that your data is always consistent and relevant across your entire organization.
- Up-to-date data. The Business Vault uses event-driven synchronization to ensure that data is up-to-date as soon as each transaction occurs in the originating system.
Infor10 ION Business Intelligence—
Users can discover, aggregate, and analyze data from multiple internal systems to get better insight for decision making with Infor10 ION Suite’s built in business intelligence. By presenting that intelligence in the context of users’ existing workflow, it helps you:
- Improve overall efficiency. When everyone in the organization always knows what to do next, they all get more done.
- Streamline the use of data. You can take advantage of data originating from many different types of business systems, including ERP, EAM, CRM, Warehouse Management, and others, along with data from external sources.
- Simplify historical analysis. Data mining is easier because ION generates real-time transaction documents in open source, XML-based formats, and stores a copy of each document in the Business Vault for indexing, analyzing, and reporting.
- Make your own rules. ION Event Management detects exceptions based on business rules that you define. It can also trigger notifications and alerts directed to the appropriate users with ION Workflow.
- Create workflows quickly. ION Workflow offers graphical modeling based on Business Process Management Notation (BPMN 2.0) standards that let you design your workflow in a simple flowchart view. This makes it easy to create even complex workflows, and know that they’ll work across applications.
- Prevent oversights. ION Event Management detects events that should have happened, but didn’t—for example, a shipment to an important customer that missed its due date. You can make ION alert the right people immediately to address important business issues promptly.
- Provide better service. You can set up ION Event Management to monitor service levels to make sure that you meet your performance levels and maintain excellent customer service.
- Automate approvals. You can create simple or sophisticated workflows to automate document routing and approvals across departments and office locations worldwide.
- Manage centrally. All tasks and alerts generated by Event Management and Workflow are managed through ION Pulse, which can run by itself or in a portal, so that you can work the way you want to work.
Infor10 ION Workspace—
With ION, applications share a groundbreaking new user interface called Workspace that lets you work the way you live. It automatically displays the information you need when you need it and doesn’t make you waste time “swiveling” between applications to do your work—everything you need appears in Workspace as needed to help you make better decisions faster. With ION Workspace, you get:
- Immediate usability. With one sign-on, a consumer-grade user experience, common navigation, and a common look-and-feel across all Infor applications, everyone in your organization can get to work quickly.
- Personalized tools. Add the web parts and information you need to get your job done.
- A single source of information. ION Workspace aggregates business information from multiple sources, including Infor solutions, your Intranet, and Internet resources, and presents that information to you in a logical fashion—when you need it.
- Context-aware data. Get the right information, at the right time, so you can make informed decisions more quickly.
Infor10 ION Mobile Framework—
The rich, flexible connective architecture of ION extends to support mobile services with an unparalleled degree of usability, security, and control while minimizing the cost and effort required for provisioning, deployment and management. By bringing the intelligence of ION to modern mobile devices, you get:
- Location-aware intelligence. Overlay your customer data on a map of your current location, and add in other web-based information and business data to gain new insights that make your business run better.
- Contextual alerts. The Infor10 mobile client delivers alerts along with relevant business data and on screen controls so that you can respond promptly when issues arise.
- Modern mobile interface. You won’t have to settle for a limited, underpowered user interface for your mobile device. Infor10 interfaces are purpose built for the devices on which you run them.
It’s not enough to streamline and accelerate your business software—Infor10 ION Suite also quickens and simplifies the way people work with software. We’ve created an array of user interface innovations, including our innovative ION Workspace user interface to make business software easier to use and faster to learn.
ION is to traditional middleware what a Formula One™ racecar is to your family sedan—similar in features, but engineered for vastly accelerated results. By arranging a set of sophisticated technologies to work independently but operate as a unified whole, ION delivers new possibilities for streamlining and accelerating every aspect of your business.
With Infor10 ION Suite, you get the complete solution you need to:
- Accelerate your business.
- Connect all your core applications and third-party solutions simply, flexibly, and seamlessly.
- Manage your process and let the exceptions find you automatically.
- Analyze data you can trust to improve your business.
- Find and fix problems faster than ever before. You’ll get the information you need sooner, take action faster, and see everything happening with in your business as it happens with Infor10 ION Suite.